Thursday, June 01, 2006

I may already be a weiner!

So I just got word that I am a finalist in the Chicago RWA's Fire and Ice competition! It's a writing contest - you send in the first however many pages of your novel, and then you wait and wait and gnaw your hand for three months, and then they either email you or they don't.

And they did!

So now some poor bastard - Leah Hultenschmidt, an editor from Dorchester, in fact - will now have to slog through my first however many pages and then find a way to pronounce it dreck as kindly as possible.

I keed. She won't be kind; she's an editor.

Oh! But I keed again. Editors are my favorites! I heart editors! And anyway I'm pretty much flying, so you can't really trust what I say. Yay me!

And yay, yay, yay to all of you, particularly those of you who have read the thing and provided comments. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home