Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Patchwork post

Currently reading Isabel's Daughter by Judith Ryan Hendricks, which is a true joy. It just came out; go find it. It's set in Santa Fe and Albuquerque and it tells the story of a foundling. I love everything Hendricks writes - it's so tactile, and her characters are a dream, flawed and pissy and human. I can't recommend it enough.

Also currently doing a final scrub of chapters 1-3 to send them to Meg, Jenny's agent in NYC, who requested them. Pray for me; last night I dreamt that doing the blow-by-blow sequence and scene analysis would kill me. Truly. I woke up and thought that my husband C had turned into the witch from Hendricks' novel, and that he would kill me once I started. It took a while to talk myself down from that.

Still: I have high hopes about Meg. She seems like such a lovely person, and if she likes Jenny's writing, she might like mine, too. We have similar styles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home