Thursday, August 17, 2006

Have I mentioned

how much I love Amazon? On Monday I had lunch with a friend of mine who works there, and it's story Nirvana, great stacks of ARCs lying around, huge whiteboards with things written on them about books and DVDs and things. Heaven. Heaven heaven heaven.

I just want to make out with the whole company, run away with them to Aruba.

Also? They send me excellent things in the mail. Just this morning my copy of Breaking the Magic Spell: Radical Theories of Folk & Fairy Tales arrived. Delightful. I just wish it were illustrated. If I were an illustrator, I'd redo Grimm's as a chick lit fantasy.

In other news, I'm doing an exercise today where you write down everything that happens to you, more or less. Once an hour you write down things that happened to you, what you thought about them, what you observed, all that. Good writing exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home