Monday, September 11, 2006

Progress

This weekend I worked on the Persephone project quite a bit, but it was one of those weekends where work happened, but from the outside, it didn't look like it. Instead it looked like sitting on the front porch with a notebook in hand, staring off in the distance with a slightly befuddled look on my face.

I also collaged the first act, mainly, and found a couple surprises, mainly that a girlfriend from Pere's youth might have turned against her, and that there might be a couple women who are jealous of Hade.

I also thought about structure and turning points and flailed around a bit with the original myth, trying to figure out what to take and what to leave. Because while it is a retelling, that doesn't mean I'm taking the whole thing and just typing it.

And I got closer to motivation, although one of my CPs isn't happy with what I came up with. Which makes me think maybe I should just write the thing before showing it to anyone. Otherwise I will have too many voices in my head, which is counterproductive.

Mostly I would like this hero to be uncomplicated, actually, although you wouldn't know it from my machinations. I would like him to be a good soldier and completely and totally in love with Pere.

Anyway, so that was my weekend. Work happened, even though it didn't look like it. Trust me, the glacier moved.

Tonight I start a writing class, which should goose things along. Meanwhile I am trying to quit eating so much sugar, which is a hard, hard thing when you work within a perfect triangulation of incredibly good bakeries, some French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home