Tuesday, October 31, 2006

NaNo and inspiration

National Novel Writing Month is having its usual magic: I woke up this morning and realized that Pere and Hade are actually kind of antagonistic toward one another, on account of that stupid myth, which never happened, and which they've been teased about for roughly 2000 years now.

That makes their dynamic a little more fun, and it sets up a good reversal later on. Yay me. Although I wish I'd realized this when I started writing. This revelation had nothing to do with sitting down and doing the work, either, although it hit me a couple days ago that Hade's character, once I started including him in scenes, wasn't working at all. So this is helpful.

How are you all doing? Off to a roaring start? There's nothing harder than starting. Unless, of course, it's finishing. And then middles are a total pain in the ass, aren't they?

Writing. It's not like being licked by kittens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home