Friday, January 12, 2007

Not writing

So I haven't been very good about updating since switching blogs, have I? Bad little writer. ,I haven't been very good at writing, full stop. I've been rereading Pere and having little flashes of insight, which will require a rewrite, but mostly I've been aghast at the sloppy plot and the way things just seem to happen out of the blue.

It's a first draft. All first drafts suck. I know this, and yet I'm still clutching my head in pain. Actually, in shock and awe that I could write such a grotesque little fakery.

And so, of course, I start strategizing. Maybe I shouldn't be rewriting mythology; maybe the problem is that it's not real enough. Then I remind myself that the last book was as real as it gets and it ran me in circles.

But the main problem is that I'm not sitting down to write. I'm doing a lot of studying and a lot of thinking about it, and sometimes that's critical, but it's been about a month since I've written anything on the book, or much here. Time to get back into the swing.

1 Comments:

Blogger JChevais said...

I have faith. You can do it. You are just resting your brain for the onslaught of genius.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home