Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two terrific resources

Have you read Lawrence Block's Telling Lies for Fun and Profit? If not, go get a copy. It's 20 or so years old but it still reads fresh. He tells every secret he knows, and has a good time doing it, too. Good book.

Here's something else that you might find handy: Jenny Crusie's and Bob Mayer's yearlong writing workshop. Discussion will happen on the Cherry Forums Online Writing Workshop forum. You have to join the Forums as a member to see the forums, but it's free (and worth it).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ordered the book Telling Lies for Fun and Profit because clearly what is missing in my life is another book on writing. : )

I am really excited about the on line workshop. It should be good good good.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your blog for awhile now - thanks for the entertaining writing, and all the great fiction references.

I read your link at odious woman, and the link referring me here was listed as brookbannon AT blogspot, instead of brookbannon DOT blogspot, which causes linkage problems. Just fyi.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, Liz, thanks for that - I've corrected it. Much obliged.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

thanks for the heads up on the workshop. I'll check it out for sure. Will you post pics of your wax painting?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Maybe in a while. I owe so many photos!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home