Sunday, February 11, 2007

OK, I am lame

Like you hadn't figured that out already. But here's the thing: Jenny Crusie made me a mod over on the Cherry Forums, and then I had to read three work in progresses from three critique partners, and then, well, I don't know what happened then except I was up to my ears in critiques.

Meanwhile Pere languishes. It's the whole cobbler's shoes thing. But! I just realised that Hades is friends with Sisyphus, who is a smartass son of a bitch and the LAST person Hades should be going to for advice on love. Hijinx ensue.

And then there was this stalker-type guy from 1991 who was compulsively reading my site - this one and Odious - and I admit it, it freaked me out. But now I have come to terms with the fact that if he shows up at my door, my husband C will pummel him into a bloody pulp.

In other words, asshole, "I never want to hear from you or see you again" means "I NEVER want to hear from you or see you again." Got it? Never isn't over yet.

OK. Now we're past that, we will resume a regular posting schedule. Without stalkers. Bye Darin. Stay lost.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherry Red said...

Take care of yourself Brooke!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

At least you have a good reason for not writing here...I'm just being mentally lazy. (Not that I think that's a bad thing, mind you!)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny C likes you!!! I think that is so cool. As one who buries you under WIPs bless you for your thoughts and may the break from Pere lead to all kinds of juicy tidbits. And as to the stalker. I've seen C- I bet he can take you. He also struck me as the kind of guy who could cut up someone who bugged his wife into tiny bits and feed him to the dog without feeling bad about it at all. Plus he's smart so he'll get away with it.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh yeah: stalk me and he'd cut you. He doesn't put up with that crap.

Your WIP rules, E. And D! rock on, buttercup. If you don't feel like writing (and I sure haven't), so much better not to.

Kim! Thank you, sweetie. I will.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home