Thursday, February 01, 2007

Really, I am blogging

Yesterday morning, I wrote this HUGE funny post about not writing. I dragged all kinds of friends in - I quoted Eileen and Heidi, I made fun of my rampant neurosis, I romped all over the page.

And then I thought, You know, people are always complaining about how Blogger eats their posts. They don't seem to know how to CTRL+A to select all, and then CTRL+C to copy, just so if they lose a post they can get it back, lickety split.

And then, like the trusting fool I am, I CTRL+A'd, and on my way to hit CTRL+C to copy? The entire thing disappeared.

Let me rephrase that: the entire fucking thing fucking DISAPPEARED on me. No amount of "Recover post"ing helped, either.

So you'll just have to make do with this.

I promise I'm coming back. It's just my process.

AND INCIDENTALLY. Apparently hitting CTRL+C and then hitting one of the arrow keys is exactly what deletes posts. Not that it works that way in any other application. Thank you, Blogger. Thanks. No really.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma Burns said...

In Firefox, if you hit the back button, it will take you back to the page where that post still exists. Sometimes, anyway. Worth a try!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this new blogger post thing is making me crazy. I just spent about 20 minutes trying to get a hyperlink to unlink.

oh.. and since I've been away.. who is brooke bannon and what have you done with Odious????

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on Joomla, and it works okay, but sucks because it doesn't provide hyperlinks to commenter's sites. My web designer is working on getting me on Blogger. I guess every application has it's ups and downs. Do you recommend Blogger? The application Eileen uses seems to always work. So many questions.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I always pre-write my stuff in word or a text editor and then copy it over. I just don't trust the pesky internet to actually hold onto my thoughts longer than I do...

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home