Saturday, March 03, 2007

And two more.

I really do love the encaustics, even if they don't photograph well. This one has that great Czeslaw Milosz quote, layered in three or four times under successive coats of wax that I then scraped off, like looking at a wall that's been papered over with so many concert posters it's become an abstract.

The quote is: "In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot." Milosz: hell of a guy.


This one was my Valentine's Day present to C. I told him the cave-painting deer that I image-transferred on were actually prehistoric schnauzers. I'm not sure he believed me.

The quote on this one is from an e e cummings poem:

i love you much(most beautiful darling)

more than anything on the earth and
i like you better than anything in the sky

sunlight and singing welcome your coming


Here's a detail of the image-transfer deer and the cream wax I spread on under them. (The white is white wax on white ground.) For the quote, I used the same font that we used on our wedding invitations seven years ago. Papyrus.

1 Comments:

Blogger LondonWriting said...

you are so, so talented!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home