Sunday, March 25, 2007

This one's for Jude

This is outside Denver, believe it or not. "Red soil's for pansies," Colorado says to northeastern California. "We have fuschia soil."

So I've been messing around with Picture Manager again, amping up the contrast, the hue, the saturation, and basically making Iowa look like eight kinds of hell.


I toned it down a little, too, upping the contast while lowering the saturation. And playing with hue wildly (although not in the shot below).



I love the blues in this one.



It's changing the hue, and then bumping up the contrast and saturation, that will make your photographs look like an album cover - or a very bad graphic novel.



3 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

*le gasp*

I would write more, but all the colors have propelled me into Stendhal Syndrome swoooooooooooooooooooooooon.

Wow.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

Is it me, or does that last picture look like a battered bald eagle fallen to earth?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Whoa! Yes, it does! Like a huge, moldering dead bald eagle! WOW. Cool!

It's actually just a big rock formation. I like your interpretation much better.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home