Thursday, April 05, 2007

क्विक

That damn Hindi button was the worst mistake I have ever made on this blog. Worse than posting pictures so that an ex who I never, ever wanted to track me down could verify my identity, worse than the crappy things I wrote about various family members, worse than the various boring stories I have inflicted on you. Hindi button, go away!

So listen, my grandmother had a surgery, and then a massive stroke, and then another massive stroke, so my entire huge family has gathered south of the Bay Area in the ICU ward at a local hospital to worry and knit and eat and read novels and talk about Eventualities and make up awful sayings about the family members who are not here, namely those in prison, who we have taken to calling "bio-waste."

Which is a fitting term for the ex who emailed me this week. Darin: Take a fucking hint. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want you in my life. I made that perfectly clear in 1991, and nothing has changed. Leave me alone.

Moving on.

In other words, there's a lot going on, and not much I can say on this blog. Particularly as I envisioned this as a writing blog when I switched over from Odious last December. There is not much writing going on, other than writing down the things various doctors tell us and things like this:

"I love you, and God will never separate us." Grandfather to grandmother, 4/4/07.

"Angels are all around you." Strange bum-like man on wharf to my favorite aunt, 4/3/07.

"I'm just going to eat some chips and get drunk, if that's all right by you." Anonymous family member.

"It's too soon to give up on her." Neurologist.

"We're concerned that it's been 6 days and she's not showing signs of life." Neurologist.

Is it any wonder we gather in the hotel at night to watch American Idol and drink?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I'll be thinking about you, dear. Take care.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

*hugs*

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, hell. That just sucks. You and yours are in my thoughts.

5:38 PM  
Blogger JChevais said...

delurking to say: "thinking of you" and

"fie on hindi button"!

3:21 AM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Oh gods sweetie - sending Cherry vibes and white light and hugs!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa Armsweat said...

I'm sending you good thoughts. All the best to your family, too...

Anyway, I found this today and I wondered if you'd seen it yet; I found it on monomyth.org when I was researching a little into the Hero's Journey: http://www.cafepress.com/monomyth/2623165
Myabe buying yourself a little something would cheer ya up...? :)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home