Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the road again











OK, so it hasn't all been ostriches and pelicans and puzzle trees. My grandmother's back at it again, up to her old tricks, being a stroke victim and all. So we've had to face some hard truths and to hold some hard discussions and, frankly, to raise a little hell at the hospital where her case has been comprehensively mismanaged.
Thankfully, raising hell runs in the family. Without my aunt Joy, a lot of very good things would not have happened, and it's all down to her being vocal and outraged and taking action.
Even more thankfully, my mother - a saint - is excellent at keeping everyone cool, more or less. And my aunt Betty has been taking care of everyone, making sure we're fed and my grandfather does what he needs to do.

My role? I bring the supplies: Triscuits, good cheese, peppered salame, and wine. You name it, I brought it. Croissants, cookies, magazines, photos of people like Molly and C.

Anyway, that's where I've been. I should get back to posting more regularly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Why do ostriches always look so foolish? And why do families always have to raise Hell with hospitals where their loved ones are being treated? Wish I could do something to help, so you - and your grandmother - are in my good thoughts.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I do not know, babe. But I do know one thing (two actually): you are married and I couldn't be happier about it! Congratulations!

When I get more than two seconds strung together, I plan to dive in to all the happy newlywed posts I hope are on your site...

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home