Friday, July 20, 2007

I am a South Beach failure

I mean, I've lost like 10 pounds and yet this morning saw me dash out in a hail-mary for doughnuts. I am talking the talk but waddling the walk.

Honest to God, at some point I will post something here worth reading. Remember the glory days? Summer of 2003? All of 2004? When I was all type type type, merrily gasbagging my way through the blogosphere?

Then I decided to get serious about writing fiction - after inflicting a full three novels on you via my NaNoWriMo daily blog - and zip! the bloggy bloggingness dried up. Very sad.

The good news is that I am working on a new story, a young adult book that features a girl who just wants to take a vacation from herself. I am very squeeeee! about the characters, and am outlining a plot now. Multiple plots, actually. yay me!

3 Comments:

Blogger inkgrrl said...

Gratz on the ten pounds! That's non-trivial babe, be proud of it.

Blogging can be a real distraction from writing if you let it. The debate rages continuous in writerly circles. I think it has more to do with one's extrovert quotient than it does with brainspace/bandwidth.

12:41 PM  
Blogger mox said...

But it's summer, and there is beer. SB can hold on until fall, no?

And honestly, if you can't fall off the wagon now and again then what good is a diet?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa Armsweat said...

Hey, congrats on the new book! Turns out I am going all young adult with my big, slogging mess of a book... so I will be interested to hear some updates on how your story is going!

Well, not TOO many updates here. You should be fiction writing, after all. :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home