Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm famous.

http://www.patriciagaffney.com/blog/

Also: Is there anyone else out there who won't be flying the flag tomorrow? After Bush's commuting Scooter Libby's sentence--basically saying, hey, if you're on our side, treason's not so bad!--I am ashamed of our country.

I certainly don't feel like wrapping my ass in the flag like it was a sarong, which was how I used to spend the Fourth of July--shaking it like the patriot I am--up until George Bush the Second took office. From then on, Independence Day has been a bleak, bleak affair.

Sorry, fellas. If you're looking for funny, these days I am not supplying it. The good news is that I am writing; a few pals and I have started our own version of Novel in 90. We're doing Novel in 100 With Sundays Off. That's how we roll. The even better news is that I think I have figured out how to save Pere. Let's hope so, anyway.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pgaf loves you!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

They all come to love me in the end, baby. You were merely the first one I suckered in.

xoxoxoxo - B.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

If I had a flag to fly, I wouldn't fly it. And didn't we just know he wouldn't serve a day in the slammer? Happy Fourth.

12:51 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Woot! You go girl!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ya know, I flew my flag! As I told the neighbor who noted this, while I was wrestling it into the bracket, I'm not gonna let the fuckin' President take this from me. Grr.

I do also possess a Norkse and a cheese-eating surrender-monkeys French flag, which I fly on their respective independence days too, just for fun. Keeping many options open, there.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home