Monday, September 10, 2007

Moonling

Via Heidi's and Inkgrrl's blogs, I give you this tarot-card test: http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot

As it turns out, I am the moon. I am also a complete nutjob when you get a couple gimlets in me. More on that after the moon thing:




You are The Moon

Hope, expectation, bright promises.

The Moon is a card of magic and mystery -
when prominent you know that nothing is as it seems, particularly when it concerns relationships. All logic is thrown out the window.


The Moon is all about visions and illusions,
madness, genius and poetry. This is a card that has to do with sleep, and so with both dreams and nightmares. It is a scary card in that it warns that there might be hidden enemies, tricks and falsehoods.

But it should also be remembered that this is
a card of great creativity, of powerful magic, primal feelings and intuition. You may be going through a time of emotional and mental trial; if you have any past mental problems, you must be vigilant in taking your medication but avoid drugs or alcohol, as abuse of either will cause them irreparable damage. This time however, can also result in great creativity, psychic powers, visions and
insight. You can and should trust your intuition.


So, huh, madness and abusing alcohol. Yeah, um, sounds familiar.

Some good friends of mine had a midcentury-themed party Saturday night. The party was a blast and some of my favorite people were there.

But I made a tactical error beforehand that sealed my fate as a drunken fool. I spent lunch in a beauty salon, having crap sprayed into my hair so that it would stay in a bun. So lunch was a small salad, and then I didn't eat anything else before the party. And then, of course, as happens at the best parties, we walked in and a gimlet was thrust into my willing hand.

The gimlet, she was strong, my friends. She was very, very strong, and my adorable husband kept swinging by to refresh her.

Which means, of course, that I became outrageously flirty with almost every man in the room, the two exceptions being a neighbor/ex (we dated back in the Pleistocene era, so I'm not sure the ex-iness actually counts any more), and a guy who I used to work for.

The last time I saw this guy (the ex-boss), C and I were walking out of a restaurant downtown, on a Saturday night in December. He and his wife walked right by us, and at first I just thought they looked familiar.

Then I realized who it was, and I thought, Great! We haven't seen them in forever, maybe we can renew our friendship. There had been some bad stuff between them and a mutual friend, and it ripped us all up for a while. I was ready to be past that. These two and I, once upon a time, had been good friends. Or at least it seemed that way to me.

I thought all of that in a flash. Then I realized that they were avoiding us, because they weren't just walking up the street. They were walking into the deserted, locked, darkened courtyard of an empty office building, a place they had no reason to be.

They would have gotten away with it, too, if he hadn't turned around to see whether or not we'd noticed. Smirking, as if there was something funny about what they were doing.

That hurt more than it had any right to; it felt like instant rejection. All I could think was, guess we're not good enough for them any more.

Now I wonder if we were ever really friends, or if (as I now suspect) they were just using me to cover up their relationship, which was new at the time, and which ended up hurting other people.

So yeah, no flirting with that guy, and no nice catch-up chat with his wife.

But back to the party, and my charming drunken shenanigans. I'm pretty sure I told the guest of honor I had to go press my breasts up against the DJ (a very sweet guy who used to work for me, and who I think of as a little brother). And I know I told my fave ex-coworker - drunkenly, and in front of his wife, who I also really like - that if I were allotted two husbands, he'd be one of them for sure.

He was touched, but I'm pretty sure I need to make amends to his lovely wife (who? hey, if I was allotted a wife as well as two husbands, she'd be a contender).

C poured me into our car and got me home, giggling at me the entire way. Then he took several shots of me doing a strip-tease in front of the open refrigerator. I must say, I am one in a million. One in a million whats, it remains to be seen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Cullinan said...

Ooh, I'm sun, you're moon! I have no idea what that means, but it sure sounds cool.

Anyone who can snub you and smirk isn't worth more than the time it takes to rub them from your shoe, and anyone should be pleased to be your wife or second husband.

And there are a lot of jealous refrigerators out there today, I'm telling you.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh H, you are my darling girl. Darling, darling, darling.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Heidi Cullinan said...

*fluffs hair*

So. You still wife shopping?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Matt B. said...

Apparently I am The Lovers. BOTH of them, it seems. Appropriate enough, I guess, since that card figured so prominently in a James Bond movie, and thus was the only Tarot card I could name from memory.

Your ex is your neighbor? Your street is so much more interesting than mine.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Never let them get the evidence on film- that leaves you the option to deny.

As for those who would snub you- pffft- clearly it is their loss.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm moon, too! I think that means when we get together it's trouble. It also means we're AWESOME.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home