Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My office

Jenny started this a while ago by posting photos of her office, pre-cleaning. I've cleaned mine because October is the month of Family Visits, and no one in either my family or C's needs to know just what a packrat I am.

On the other hand, the fact that I consider this "clean" may tip them off.

My office, and yes, those are 8-foot curly willow branches on either side of my desk:

You can't quite see it above, but that's an eensy Ganesh in front of the monitor.

Below is my writing altar, which is equal parts things that attracted my magpie eyes (including Jerome, a hand-carved wooden angel head) and little things that remind me of my friends:

  • Sterling silver sacred-heart charm from Santa Fe, bought when I was there with my BFF Carrie
  • Fabulous Demeter Sex on the Beach candle from Eileen
  • Two tiny pigs from Heidi
  • Two tiny mermaids that Molly and I picked up in Capitola (which I was probably supposed to give to Heidi but ended up keeping because they're such a lovely reminder of a wonderful night) Here's the expanded view, with a collage from Pere up there on the left (see skull).
    On the other side of the monitor is the business end: stationary, notebooks, a small wooden cow, monks hard at work, little woo-woo things from Carmel, and a little Good Witch figurine Mom gave me last spring. Also, snacks.
Monks, sacred hearts, an Easter cow and Ganesh by the keyboard: my grandmother would be so proud.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I love it! the willow branches are great, too. I really do need an office space. The corner tucked next to the staircase in the living room just isn't cutting it. But then, neither was the dark, dank, unfinished basement. I'm picturing a garden shed with a green house attached... a small wood burning stove... out in the small patch of woods. Yeah. That sounds just about right.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Robena Grant said...

Oh my goodness, Brooke, we have the same mousepad. *grin*

My friend and chapter mate, D'Anne Avner gave us the quote (we ran a chapter contest at LARA) and we sold them at moonlight madness in Dallas. They come with a matching coffee mug, which I love. We'll be selling them again in San Francisco along with fabulous water bottles.

Still grinning. Will send D'Anne over. She'll be tickled.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Robena! I bought that in Atlanta last year, and I completely love it. I've got one at work, too.

And Kelly: your dream office sounds amazing. I want one too!

4:24 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

I think it looks very nicely organized! Lots of things to satisfy your inner magpie. Love the Ganesh with the laptop - I'm going to have to go hunt one of those down. Wish I could have pussy willow too - it's a very graceful way to fill a corner and block distractions from tickling the edges of your vision - but my dogs would have too much fun with it.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home