Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cranky

I've been firing away at people for two days now, which is always fun. (Do note the sarcasm.) Here's what happens: Someone makes a statement online that's ambiguous. If that someone is someone I don't trust - which includes everyone on the planet because I am the most suspicious person I know - I take it the wrong way, and then start firing salvos.

There's no excuse. It's just the glory of me. I do have a couple excuses, though, come to think of it: a torn Achilles tendon which has had me in a walking cast for a couple weeks; an incipient yeast infection; an unending stream of house-guestery. I am at my limit, peoples.

But you people -- you're all lovely, and you make my day. Yes, you, California, and you two, my London and Yorkshire girls, you gorgeous thing up in North Vancouver, and you, Illinois, Ohio, and Massachusetts. You too, Waynesboro, even though you never leave me any comments. GOD. Oh! And YOU, Smitten Kitchenites. Every time I see a referral from SK, I want to go hug Deb and give her little chocolates.

xoxo, B.

PS I fought the bitchy today by making meat pies. There's nothing like a bieroch to take the edge off. You limeys know it as Cornish pasties, I think; you Kansans as runzas. It's all good. Although I'd love to swap pasty recipies if you've got 'em.

I think the difference between the bieroch and the pasty is that pasties contain potatoes and bierochs don't. Also, you cook the ground beef, cabbage, and onion for the bieroch before you put it in the pastry shell and bake it. Also, pasties are fancier. Otherwise, it's all meat, all the time. Yumm!

This meat-pie diversion brought to you by lots of wine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma Burns said...

Oh! I want to bake meat pies!!! Yum! I have kind of a pie fixation (hahahahahaha) but I forgot about savory pies! What's wrong with me?

Thanks for reminding me! And keep up the mighty writing! You are awesome!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Empenadas, sans raisins, will solve any problem.

Sorry about your tendon. How'd you manage to tear it? I'm making little "nnngg" noises just thinking about that.

3:45 AM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Ouch on the tendon, yum on the food!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Now I'm hungry for meat pie...yummy yum. Will you deliver???

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home