Friday, December 14, 2007

One of those days

Some days, I look around and wonder what fairy godmother gifted me with this life, this husband, this dog, this me. I mean, sure, there are lots of other days when I'm snotty and half-crazed, and frankly this time last year I was heading into a dark hole.

But today was one of those blessed days, one of those days where I could see outside myself, see how lucky I am for my life. Blessed is the word for it, whether or not you're religious.

We've worked hard for the things we have, but I'm not talking about things. I'm talking about contentment, deep satisfaction with my life. It's not perfect but it's mine, and it's what I made. So much of life comes down to that: deciding to make something for yourself - something like peace, or comfort, or just a pleasant day - and then following through. Deciding to be happy.

Doesn't work all the time; in fact there are plenty of days when that doesn't work at all. But today, my friends, is not one of those days.

I hope you guys have a day like this soon too. Happy holidays to one and all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

what a lovely post. thanks for sharing the contentment. it's a nice way to start my soon to be crazy busy day...with that on my mind.

Happy holidays to you too.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

You are one of the things in my life that I am grateful for....

1:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa Armsweat said...

This post made me smile. It reminded me that yes, I do need to decide to be happy a little more often (especially this time of the year)! Have the happiest of holidays and a wonderful new year!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home