Saturday, March 01, 2008

Doughnuts, 1,000,000; me, 1

So this morning I finished this dress:

It took a dog's age to sew because a) interfacings still confuse me - sewing should be a mandatory part of any college-level physics class - and b) because once again, my curvy body has stumped modern patterns. The hips fit fine; the waist was baggy. I must have taken in a full three inches around the side seams and the bust darts before it would fit.

Of course, once it did fit, my husband made one of those great male-appreciation noises. That was worth it.

Still, I think my doughnut days are over for a while. I have made the leap from acceptably voluptous to just plain round.

4 Comments:

Blogger craftydabbler said...

What a great dress. I'm beyond curvy, but I would love a dress that fits well and is comfortable. Can you share where you got the pattern?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I'm HOME!

You don't look round you look smokin hot in that dress. SMOKIN

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ooo! You look great. You have collarbones, dammit, which I do not. And a really itty waist. The dress is nice and all, but *you* look damn fine.

And I envy your collarbones. Dammit.

8:15 AM  
Blogger The Bewildered Bride said...

Any suggestions for taking in an already made dress? I'm hourglass shaped too, and I'm tired of looking chubby because no one can see my waist...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home