Monday, September 22, 2008

I kicked Jason Mraz's ass

For 5 days, that insanely peppy Jason Mraz song was stuck in my head. It was like my brain just kept hitting Replay, no matter what I did. I listened to the song on iTunes to show my brain that the song stops. I told my husband about it, hoping to transfer the ear worm, but he's never heard the song. (Which I would link to, but I'm too afraid it'll come back.)

I visualized. I listened to other music. I sat down and had a very stern talk with my brain. Nothing worked.

Nothing, that is, until I started screaming NO! in my head every time I heard the chorus. Now, my brain is afraid of me, but I slept the sleep of the innocent last night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Ha ha, that is a unique tactic. I always have to substitute another horrid song til eventually the compulsion goes away. Must be a vitamin deficiency or something. :)

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO@ "Now my brain is afraid of me." I, personally, like it that way. Be afeared, brain, very afeared!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home