Saturday, November 08, 2008

I heart Maggie

So I'm a day or so behind with my NaNo'ing, and after writing about 2500 words this morning - in a huge funk because in the 12,000 words I have written thus far, no one has left the cafe, all they're doing is sitting around talking and flirting and fighting and discovering that one of their number actually speaks in code, and another of their number is an asshole and Needs To Go --- but no one has actually stepped foot outside and DONE anything, really. Except the code-talker, who otherwise does not speak, and is basically chained to her barista stand.

so. There I am, in a funk even though the sun has broken through the crazy stormy weather here in Seattle, when I pop over to Maggie's blog and get what I always get when I go there: an instant shot in the arm.

Not to mention some really good writing advice: give people a past, with meaty scary irrevocable trajectories that are about midway through when the book starts.

2 Comments:

Blogger inkgrrl said...

Oh babe, I feel ya. But take heart - you're a thousand times farther along than I am and you're in Seattle not Los Angeles and you're kicking ass.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Emma Burns said...

Yay! Makes me so happy! I get to be your heroin(e) for the day! Shot in the arm, see? Yeah! Not addictive though and also not illegal.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home